Sunday 27 March 2011

london marathon

ah well the best laid plans an all that, a virus cold cough thingy has caused me some worry,thinking I was fully recovered, I went out bright and bushy tailed at the crack of a sparrows fart, 5:15 to be precise for a trot out for 4 hrs or to leeds the long way on sat, well that was the plan ...... all went well to start I saw Ali on the way she was going to work and spotted me at Saltaire, on I went along the canal then it hit me stomach cramps like never before, and and quick dash to the loo, well to the nearest bit of dense hedge, ok so I thought on we go along the path but my time was so slow a good couple of minutes per mile slower, and then i felt cold and shivery, it was no good I walked to the main road found that I was at Rodley so caught the first bus that came along, it was going to leeds, I felt dreadful cold so I put my trckies and sweatshirt on then began to feel a bit warmer, once in leeds, I realised that I needed to get some food onboard so had a hot sweet chai tea, plus a bagel, a with my tail between my legs headed home on the 72 bus, I put it down to not being completely recovered from bloody cough/virus/bug thing, and perhaps it being a bit much to expect my old body to do another long run 6 days after the last one, perhaps a bit of both. still I always seem to learn the hard, and although ive not done the 22 I wanted I just hope that I have done enough to get around... and that my cough well it just stops.

1 comment:

  1. You're a fighter Gill, put it behind you - you'll bounce back! x

    ReplyDelete