Saturday 26 February 2011

London Marathon

What a week, a hard week really, recovery from 18miler on sunday, I was so slow I was disappointed, but I did it, 9 out and back over to Thornton Hilltop, on Denholme up past flappits back over top of Thornton then downhill at last to home. It took it out of me I more than I thought really. but tues with saltaire striders proved a step to soon as I had a job keeping up, my legs felt really heavy, by Thursdays sprints session though I felt good, and was chuffed with the results being equal over 10 reps. sat I jogged to parkrun for my 49th run with parkrun so close now to the 50th and the famous red T shirt, as work means that I can only do every other week it seems an age in coming but in two weeks time I shall qualify. Sunday is Snake lane 10 miler and I will enjoy it, a slightly lower milage week this but theres Trimpell 20 and Im not sure how Ill do in that, in fact im not sure im going to get through it, but im sure going to give it a go and there will be some good buddies there, hopefully will keep this tired old jogger going the distance, on a more optimistic note, the mornings are getting lighter and its warmer (a bit) so its all good and Im doing it, its only a few weeks left allowing for taper hardly any time at all really, a blink of the eye and it will be be over, what a journey this is one of the most achieving things that I have ever done, well nearly done. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment