Saturday 12 February 2011

A little further

I decided during the week that I would try and do my first run more than a half maybe 14 or 15 anyway I worked it out from my home to leeds via 618 and 72 bus routes would take approx 13 miles well I thought why not do it in time to do the parkrun in hyde park. the only problem was the early start and the time but what the hell I could get a snooze in the afternoon, so alarm woke me at 5 am and out of the door by 6am was the plan id never run the streets of bradford at this early hour before and it was a pleasant experience, quiet and peaceful I stopped a couple of times at mcdonalds thankfully open early for loo breaks, and trotted on towards leeds, starting in the dark when I got to the park the starlings were singing and I had 20 mins or so to wait for the parkrun to start and Id done 13 miles, at the start I saw Kay and Liz they said they would help me round and didnt they just, it hurt everything hurt this was new ground for me, Kay said I was a marathon runner, that kept me going, I had a winge about work, and got round I thank you both , after I had full breakfast naughty but nice, I should have had a more healthy option but once in a blue moon wont hurt, I am grateful to Diane for a much appreciated lift home, its all good if a little sore, :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment